Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pixar Tiki Packaging

Who doesn't love Pixar? I can't name anyone. So when Mattel asked me to illustrate several of the Pixar characters as tiki gods I jumped at the chance. I think I said "Yes!" before I realized the deadline was less than 24 hours away. Not that, that mattered. I was gonna do this job if it meant propping my eyes open with tooth picks and an i.v. drip of caffeine. The Mission - Mattel was making a special action figure/doll of John Lasseter to present to him at Toy Fair. The Theme - was centered around Mr. Lasseter's love of Hawaiian shirts. My Job - create the super hip tiki art for the packaging. Sketches, revisions and approval were all met on time.  I even managed to get in a few minutes of sleep. Mattel was excited about the art and I had visions of the John Lasseter action figure nestled among Woody and Buzz in Mr. Lasseter's office. Unfortunately, I am not able to show the action figure. I can tell you that it looks great and comes decked out in a Hawaiian shirt. This action figure doesn't have kun-fu grip but if you get real close he will give you a hug.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative